These are perfect for the game I'm making, if I purchase am I free to edit them to better fit the tone of my game?
Medieval visual novel backgrounds
A downloadable asset pack
A background pack suitable for medieval/fantasy-themed visual novels. It has been updated periodically with new pieces since 2019. If you buy it once, you will have access to any new updates in the future.
This backgrounds pack currently contains 49 backgrounds as follows:
- town (day, evening, 2 x night versions)
- prison cell (day, night)
- potion shop - added in 1.2
- archery range (day, night) - added in 1.3
- castle (day, evening, 2 x night versions) - added in 1.4
- arcade - simple (day, evening, night)- added in 1.5
- arcade - windows (day, evening, 2 x night versions)- added in 1.5
- fancy bedroom with balcony (day, evening, night) - added in 1.6
- simple bedroom with two single beds (day, evening, night) - added in 1.6
- castle kitchen (day, evening, night) - added in 1.6
- blacksmith - added in 1.7
- fancy bedroom with bookcase (day, evening, night) - added in 1.7
- garden with fountain (day, evening, night) - added in 1.7
- store (day, evening, night) - added in 1.7
- modest living room (day, evening, 2 x night versions) - added in 1.8
- residential street (day, evening, 3 x night versions) - added in 1.8
All backgrounds are 1920x1080.
All backgrounds are in a png format.
If you decide to purchase and use my backgrounds, you are free to use them in free or commercial projects but do not resell or redistribute them on their own. Crediting if possible would be appreciated.
Check out my gallery if you'd like to commission me to create backgrounds specific to your visual novel.
In order to download this asset pack you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $20 USD. You will get access to the following files:
- Medieval pack updated with 2 new unique backgroundsJul 12, 2022
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
Sure, you are free to edit them, so long as you do not redistribute the edits by themselves or take sole credit for them in your game's credits, etc.
These are awesome! Looking forward to using these in my game, Next in Line. Are you going to be taking commissions this year? I couldn't tell from your website.
Thank you so much. More are incoming. Your project looks interesting, I wish you good luck!
As for commissions, right now I have projects I'm working on, but maybe later in the year I will be opening them again.
Thank you!! Exactly what I needed!
May I be greedy and ask for a medieval corner store or a blacksmith's? *puppy eyes* They are incredibly difficult to find, and so far I've only found some... but not allowed to use with Renpy.
(Or can I commission them from you? Are you available?)
Hi! I just released 9 new pieces so I wasn't planning on adding anything else to this pack for now, but I do commissions. Send me a mail at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss
I have been pulling my hair out for assets and you delivered. Will be sure to include links to my projects for ya!
Needed the Taverns
Nice! I look forward to more castle BGs in future! But is there a way for me to only purchase the additional BGs as I already bought one of the previous packs?
If you bought it once, you should be able to download it again. Try clicking buy and then "I've already paid for this" at the bottom of the popup.
Looks great! Nice having a castle BG added
These are really clean and great! I'd love to see more medieval type stuff :P
Great work, and keep it up!